1. According to the article, gut microbiota play a critical role in human metabolism through all of the following functions, EXCEPT:
2. Which organ harbors most of the gut microbiota?
3. The author states that gut microbiota may have a direct causal role in which disease?
4. The composition of an individual’s gut microbiota is stated to be influenced by all of the following, BUT:
5. The article suggests that the ability of the gut to adapt to sudden or significant changes in dietary patterns is:
6. What major component of soy does the article list as impacting the composition of gut microbiota in a potentially prebiotic manner?
7. Increased microbial diversity in humans is stated to be associated with:
8. The article cites a study suggesting that the ability of soy protein to ___ may in large part be due to its ability to modulate the gut microbiome?
9. The ways in which fermentation is cited to enhance the healthfulness of soy include all of the following, EXCEPT:
10. The article states the fermentation causes natto to become a significant source of:
11. Studies involving fermented milk demonstrate _____ in intestinal microflora in response to consumption.
12. Which country is cited as consuming the most fermented (versus non-fermented) soy products?