Soy Desserts Recipes
Can a sweet tooth and soy nutrition co-exist? These soy desserts recipes prove it. You’ll taste that heart healthy soybean oil is the perfect frying oil for donuts or a delicious icing. Or that Tofu is a good source of protein to add to baked goods or a delectable cheesecake. Dig in!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Makes: 2 loaves
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
Developed by: Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito
- AP flour : 480g
- Cinnamon: 2 teaspoons
- Nutmeg: ½ teaspoon
- Ground allspice: 2g
- Ground ginger: 2g
- Baking soda: 2 teaspoons
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoons
- Pumpkin puree: 444g
- Soybean oil (commonly labelled as vegetable oil): 1 cup
- Sugar: 635g
- Eggs: 4
- Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
- Water: 2/3 cup
- Chocolate chips: 260g
Instructions for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, baking soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, mix the puree, soybean oil and sugar together until fully incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time, along with the vanilla until fully incorporated. Add the water and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet. Do not overmix. There should be trace amounts of flour.
- Scoop/distribute the mixture evenly into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325°F for 50-60 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool before removing from pan. Let cool completely before slicing or wrapping.