- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 min
- Makes: 8 servings
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1⁄2 cup Soybean oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Fresh jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 pound Skirt or flank steak, trimmed
- 16 6-inch corn tortillas (heated)
- 1 cup Salsa verde, store bought
- 1⁄2 cup Pickled red onion
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco (4 oz.)
- 2 Limes, cut into wedges
Instructions for Carne AsadaPuree cilantro, soybean oil, orange juice, garlic, jalapeno and lime juice in blender until smooth. Place marinade in large bowl with steak; marinate for at least 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate for 3 hours.
Preheat grill medium high. Remove steak from the marinade, place on grill. Cook, flipping once, about 3 minutes per side for medium rare (135° F) or until desired level of doneness. Let steak rest for 10 minutes; slice into thin strips.
Assemble tacos with tortillas, steak, salsa, pickled onion, cilantro and cheese. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Sat Fat 3.5g
Connect with us through our social channels