- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Makes: 4 servings
- 1 can Whole tomatoes, peeled, unsalted, 1/2 cup of juice reserved (12 oz. can)
- 1 Jalapeño, with seeds, roughly chopped
- 1 Small white onion, chopped
- 1 Chipotle chile in adobo
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Soybean oil
- 1⁄2 cup Soybean oil
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas (cut into triangles)
- 1⁄4 cup Shredded jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 4 Eggs
Instructions for ChilaquilesPlace tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, jalapeño, onion, chile, garlic, cilantro and salt in blender. Puree for 30 seconds until smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon soybean oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add tomato mixture, stir to thicken; remove from heat.
Heat 1/2 cup soybean oil in medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Fry tortilla pieces until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Drain oil from pan; add eggs and cook to desired doneness.
Preheat oven to broil. Layer tortillas, tomato mixture and cheeses in oven safe dish. Broil until cheese is melted, watch carefully.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Sat Fat 4g