- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Makes: 6 servings
Creamy Edamame Arugula Soup
- 1 teaspoon Soybean oil (often labeled "vegetable oil")
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 3 cups Frozen edamame (shelled)
- 2 cups Low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup Plain soymilk
- 1 cup Baby arugula leaves, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Greek-style yogurt (optional)
Instructions for Creamy Edamame Arugula Soup
Heat soybean oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until soft. Add edamame and broth; simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, until just tender.
Place mixture in food processor; add soymilk and arugula. Process 1 minute, or until smooth.
Return to saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soup begins to simmer. Ladle into bowls; top with yogurt, if desired.
Thin soup with additional vegetable broth as needed.