- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Makes: 8 servings
Creamy Pumpkin Curry Soup
- 1 tablespoon Soybean oil
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 16 ounces Silken tofu (1 package)
- 15 ounces Pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 1 Medium apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 cups Low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoons Ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoons Salt
- 1⁄4 cup Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
Instructions for Creamy Pumpkin Curry Soup
Heat soybean oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
Place onions, tofu, pumpkin, apple, broth, curry powder, pepper and salt in blender. Puree for 1 minute until smooth.
Return mixture to saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soup begins to gently simmer. Do not boil. Ladle into bowls; top with pumpkin seeds, if desired.