- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Makes: 12 servings
Crispy Grilled Edamame Cakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups Frozen edamame (shelled), cooked according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons Green onions, chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Wheat-free tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup Soybean oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Mayonnaise, soybean oil based
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
Instructions for Crispy Grilled Edamame CakesPulse edamame, onion, egg, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper in food processor or blender for 30 seconds; small pieces of edamame should remain. Add rice flour one tablespoon at a time, until mixture holds together.
Shape edamame mixture into 12, 3-inch cakes. Dust lightly with additional rice flour.
Heat 2 tablespoons soybean oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook edamame cakes about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Repeat adding additional oil as needed.
Combine mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce in small bowl. Serve with edamame cakes.
Notes: Cakes can be made in advance, covered and refrigerated until ready to cook.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Sat Fat 1.5