- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
Mac & Cheese
Courtesy of Macheesmo
- 1 pound macaroni
- 1 pound silken tofu
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2/3-1 cup soymilk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt and pepper
- 1-14 oz package extra-firm tofu
- ½ cup BBQ sauce – divided into ¼ cup
Instructions for Mac & Cheese
- Add silken tofu to a food processor, and pulse until it’s in a grainy texture.
- Pour in yogurt, 2/3 cup of soymilk, and cheddar cheese and process until smooth. Some graininess is acceptable, but if the mixture looks dry, add a little more milk. Cook macaroni according to package, and drain.
- Add butter to pot with macaroni and stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in all of the cheese sauce and stir until heated and melted, about 5 minutes.
- Season macaroni with salt and pepper.
BBQ Tofu Instructions:
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Transfer tofu to a bowl, and toss with ¼ cup of the barbecue sauce.
- Place tofu on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the tofu at *** for 20–30 minutes, or until the edges are browned, stirring halfway through cooking time. Toss tofu with the remaining barbecue sauce and serve over macaroni.