- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
Tempeh Sloppy Joes
Adapted from The Garden Grazer
- 8 oz. tempeh
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 hamburger buns
Instructions for Tempeh Sloppy Joes
- Marinate tempeh: Crumble tempeh into a medium bowl. Add BBQ sauce and stir well to combine. Set aside and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté bell pepper for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in garlic and smoked paprika. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the marinated tempeh and 1/2 cup broth. Stir. Bring to light simmer then cover, reduce heat, and lightly simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Scoop onto buns and add any toppings if desired.