Soy, a well-known food throughout the world, is a versatile ingredient that is ideal in a variety of delicious and easy-to-make recipes. From flavorful sides to decadent desserts, discover the joy of cooking with soy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Makes: 6 servings
Roasted Vegetable and Couscous Salad
- 3 cups Broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 1⁄2 cupRed onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons Soybean oil, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cup Dry, giant Israeli couscous
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
Instructions for Roasted Vegetable and Couscous Salad
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Toss broccoli, peppers and onions with 2 tablespoons soybean oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions.
Place cooked couscous and roasted vegetables in large bowl. Pour vinegar and remaining soybean oil over salad and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper; toss lightly until combined.
You may substitute 3 cups cooked regular couscous, brown rice or quinoa.