All About Soy
Spice up your cooking and healthy lifestyle with soy! Soy ingredients, like soybean oil and tofu, simplify healthy eating without stretching your budget.
Make soybean oil an essential part of everyday cooking. Most "vegetable oil" is actually soybean oil – just check the ingredients label. Soy oil is versatile, affordable, offers better-for-you health attributes and is likely already in your pantry!
What is Soybean Oil?
An all-natural cooking oil extracted from whole soybeans that's versatile for many types of cooking.
- Light, golden appearance
- Neutral flavor perfect for baking, sautéing, frying and cold applications like salad dressings
- High smoke point (465°F) allows for cooking at high temperatures
- Replaces oils higher in saturated fat
Did you know that soy protein is one of the few plant-based complete proteins, containing all of the essential amino acids? Tofu, edamame, soymilk and other soyfoods are nutrient-dense powerhouses that can be found throughout the supermarket.
There are endless ways to enjoy soyfoods. Start by visiting the Recipe Pairing page for meal ideas, then visit the Soy Checklist for a guide of where soyfoods are found throughout the market, aisle by aisle.
Health Benefits of Soyfoods:
- Protein-packed for greater satiety and weight management
- Rich in vitamins and minerals including folate, potassium and, in some cases, fiber
- May lower cholesterol
- May help against chronic diseases, such as prostate cancer and osteoporosis