Stuffed Peppers with Soy Recipe
a high resolution photo.
|1 serving: 248 calories, 20 grams protein, 25 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 9 grams of fat, 2 gram saturated fat, 35 cholesterol, 262 mg sodium|
Stuffed Peppers with Soy
1. Preheat oven to 340F.
2. Put 5 cups of water in a large saucepan. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and bring water to a boil.
3. Take the peppers and chop off the stem tops and remove the seeds.
4. When the water starts boiling, add the peppers and boil for 3-4 minutes. A spoon or spatula can be used to keep the peppers submerged. When the peppers start taking a bright color, take them out, drain excess water from them and set aside to cool.
5. Take a non-stick pan, add 3 tablespoon oil and heat at medium heat for 1 minute. Add minced garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add chopped onions and cook until the onions are translucent. (The amount of time will depend on the type of onion taken: red onion may take a few more minutes than the yellow onions.) Add chopped tomatoes to the onions and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
6. Add ground beef and soy beans to the non-stick pan, and mix well. Cook at medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the cooked rice and cilantro, and mix well. Turn off the heat. Add a dash of Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
7. Take the cooked peppers and fill with the meat/soy mixture. Use your hands or a large spoon to stuff the peppers.
8. Arrange the peppers in a baking dish and top with grated cheese.
9. Gently pour about ¼ cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish so that the peppers do not stick to the pan.
10. Bake the stuffed peppers in the rack of the pre-heated oven, and cook 25-30 minutes until stuffing hot.
11. Remove from the oven carefully and eat while hot.