1. Based reports from the United Nations, by 2050 approximately 1 in ____ adults living in North America and Europe could be age 65 or older.
2. According to the article, recent U.S. research found that adherence to a healthy lifestyle at ______ is associated with increased life expectancy free of major chronic diseases.
3. According to the U.S. study cited in the article, among the five low-risk lifestyle related factors, which two are stated as most effective in promoting health?
4. The article mentions that consumption of cruciferous vegetables and whole grain cereals are linked to better health outcomes. This may be specifically attributed to all of the following, EXCEPT:
5. According to the article, individuals on low-carbohydrate diets tend to eat less of which of the following food(s):
6. The article states that dietary patterns favoring ______-based fats and protein sources are associated with a higher mortality, while ______-based fats and protein sources are associated with a lower mortality.
7. Phytoestrogens have been linked with:
8. The group of researchers that projected dietary patterns in 2050 concluded that compared to current patterns, the projected trends may contribute to ______ global life expectancy.
9. The second article states that except for the results of the Honolulu-Asia Aging Study (HAAS), the observational and clinical evidence suggest that soy intake and/or isoflavones exposure has _________ on cognitive function.
10. The overall conclusion from the second article states that while the available data do not allow for a definitive conclusion to be made about the cognitive benefits of soy, the evidence points in the direction of _______.
11. According to the “Healthy Handout”, which of the following is NOT considered a traditional soyfood:
12. Which type of soyfood did the “Healthy Handout” suggest to be sliced into thin strips, grilled until crispy and used as a “faux bacon”?