- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Makes: 8 servings
Crispy Fish Tacos with Kimchi
- 4 cups Soybean oil (for deep frying)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound Cod filets, uncooked, cut into 2x1-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons Fire-roasted salsa
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 8 Fresh corn tortillas, 6-inch
- 1 cup Kimchi
- 2 cups Shredded red cabbage
- 1 cupGrated carrots
- 1⁄2 cupFrozen edamame (shelled), cooked according to pkg directions
Instructions for Crispy Fish Tacos with Kimchi
Preheat soybean oil to 350°F in heavy frying pan or small deep fryer. Line baking sheet with paper towels.
Place egg in shallow dish. Place panko bread crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip fish pieces into egg and then roll in panko, pressing gently into each side of fish, to coat completely.
Carefully place 8 pieces of fish into hot oil. Fry approximately 4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oil; place on paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining fish.
Combine salsa and mayonnaise in small bowl. Top each tortilla with 2 pieces of fish, kimchi and assorted vegetables as desired. Serve with salsa mixture.