1. According to the article, intake of dietary fiber is (on average) ___% higher among vegans, as compared to non-vegetarians.
2. The article states that animal foods provide about ___ of the total protein intake of Americans.
3. According to the Adventist Health Study-2, vegan protein intake averages ____% of total calories.
4. The article suggests that older individuals may need to consume ___________ their respective RDA for protein in order to prevent or slow the loss of muscle mass that typically occurs with aging.
5. Many experts recommend that vegans consume approximately __________ protein, as compared to meat-eaters.
6. The article states that _______ is similar to the quality of animal protein.
7. Because of less bioavailability of iron from plant-based diets, the Institute of Medicine established a RDA for vegetarians that is ____ times the RDA for the general population.
8. According to the article, calcium bioavailability from calcium-set tofu is ________ absorption from cow’s milk.
9. The FDA has set ____ g/day of soy protein as the threshold intake required for cholesterol reduction.
10. The second article states that a good rule of thumb is for vegetarians to consume _____ servings of legumes per day to ensure adequate intake of protein and the amino acid lysine.
11. According to the “Healthy Handout”, the heme molecule in Leghemoglobin (LegH) is:
12. The HEALTHY HANDOUT states that ___________ is responsible for the bloody flavor and red color of raw meat.
Connect with us through our social channels