8.4.21 - The United Soybean Board Launches “Soy Delish” Recipe Contest
For Immediate ReleaseTuesday, August 3, 2021
ST. LOUIS (August 1, 2021) – Throughout the month of August, the United Soybean Board, in partnership with Soy Connection, is celebrating the versatility soy brings to the kitchen by hosting the Soy Delish Recipe Contest.
A well-known ingredient throughout the world, soy is a great option for individuals looking for vegetarian, vegan, or dairy-free recipes the whole family can enjoy. From flavorful sides and nutritious dishes to decadent desserts, soy can be worked into nearly any recipe. Submissions must include a soy product, such as tofu, tempeh, miso, soy-based alternatives, soymilk, soy protein powder, edamame, soy sauce or soybean oil.
A few fun soy facts to inspire you to start cooking:
- Soy is heart healthy. Both soybean oil and soy protein carry an FDA heart health claim, confirming soy’s ability to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Soy is a complete plant-based protein that has all nine essential amino acids your body needs in the recommended amounts, making it comparable to animal protein.
- Tofu is highly versatile and has multiple uses in home cooking. Tofu comes baked, smoked, marinated, and crumbled.
- Soybean oil has a neutral flavor, making it great for baking, frying and sautéing as it will allow your other ingredients to shine.
- Soybean oil blends well with other fats and oils, making it a common ingredient in salad dressings, sauces and baked goods.
- Soybean oil is the most widely used edible oil in the U.S. and is commonly labeled as “vegetable oil.”
Contest entrants are encouraged to share their original recipe on social media with #SoyDelishRecipeContest. The top three winners will be announced in early September 2021. Recipes will be judged based on creativity, quality of the recipe photograph, inclusion of a soy-based product and the overall quality of the recipe. Contest winners will receive a $250 gift card for first prize, $100 for second prize and $50 for third prize.
To learn more about the Soy Delish Recipe Contest, including official rules or to enter, please visit soyconnection.com/soydelish.
About Soy Connection:
Soy Connection is a collaboration of health, nutrition, and food industry experts with U.S. soybean farmers to educate on the benefits of sustainably grown U.S. soy, including heart-healthy soybean oil and soy foods. Soy Connection is brought to you by the United Soybean Board (USB), a national checkoff funded by U.S. soybean farmers. For more information on Soy Connection, visit soyconnection.com.
About United Soybean Board:
United Soybean Board’s 78 volunteer farmer-directors work on behalf of all U.S. soybean farmers to achieve maximum value for their soy checkoff investments. These volunteers invest and leverage checkoff funds in programs and partnerships to drive soybean innovation beyond the bushel and increase preference for U.S. soy. That preference is based on U.S. soybean meal and oil quality and the sustainability of U.S. soybean farmers. As stipulated in the federal Soybean Promotion, Research and Consumer Information Act, the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service has oversight responsibilities for USB and the soy checkoff. For more information on the United Soybean Board, visit unitedsoybean.org.