Soy Desserts Recipes
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 min
- Makes: 12 servings
Farmhouse Pecan Pie
- 1 1⁄2 cup All-purpose flour, made from U.S.-grown wheat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄2 cup U.S.-grown soybean shortening, chilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Ice water
- 3 Farm-fresh eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons U.S.-sourced Honey
- 1 cup Light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup Unsalted butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 cups U.S.-grown pecans (2 cups chopped, 1 cup left whole)
Instructions for Farmhouse Pecan Pie
In a medium bowl or food processor, combine the flour and salt. Add the shortening and cut with 2 knives or process until coarse crumbs form. Drizzle in the ice water and toss or process until dough begins to hold together. Turn dough onto a smooth surface and gather into a ball. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim dough until it hangs over 1/2-inch all the way around. Fold edges of dough under and crimp edges.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, salt and vanilla.
Line pie crust with chopped pecans and pour filling mixture over. Cover the top with the whole pecans and bake 35-40 minutes. If nuts are starting to burn, cover with foil. Bake until filling is slightly wobbly but mostly set and puffed. Let cool at least 2 hours before serving.