1. According to the article, in the early 1990s, which factor contributed to the speculation that isoflavones in soybeans exert anti-estrogenic effects and offered protection against breast cancer?
2. The author of the article mentions that, in his opinion, the most intriguing relationship between soy and breast cancer may be that in order for soy to reduce breast cancer, research suggests it must be consumed during:
3. In contrast to previous animal studies that suggested carcinogenic effects, more recent clinical studies consistently show that _________ affect(s) markers of breast cancer risk.
4. The article states that the ___________ effect of isoflavones on cellular proliferation contrasts with those cellular effects observed with combined hormone therapy.
5. Among women participating in the Shanghai Breast Cancer Survival Study, post-diagnosis soy consumption was associated with _________ risk of recurrence and breast cancer specific mortality.
6. Which of the following cancer organizations have concluded that women with breast cancer can safely consume soy?
7. The article references that clinical trials promote the proposed general benefits of isoflavones for women, such as the alleviation of hot flashes and improved arterial health. At what dosage of intake do these isoflavone benefits seem apparent?
8. According to the secondary article, which soy-related claim was initially approved in the late 1900s as an unqualified health claim by the FDA?
9. About how many daily servings of soyfoods are cited in the secondary article to provide the amount of isoflavones sufficient to alleviate hot flashes
10. The meta-analysis of clinical research on osteoporosis and soy cited that soy isoflavone intake is associated with a trend in _________ levels of bone formation markers, and __________ levels of bone resorption markers.
11. The author of the secondary article states that there is overall suggestive evidence that soyfoods ___________ prostate cancer.
12. According to the article regarding specific soy products on the market, which of the following is considered a fermented soyfood?