1. 1. Soyfoods classified as traditional Asian foods include________.
2. In general soybeans are around _____protein making them considerably ______in protein than other legumes.
3. Foods made from soy protein isolate (SPI) and_______________often provide about 90% and 65% protein, respectively.
4. Modern soy products may make it easier to achieve intake of 25g/day of soy protein which has been shown to reduce _______.
5. Soybeans derive almost 50% of their calories from fat which is predominately __________ and soybean oil has the ability to reduce heart disease risk when replacing _____fat in the diet.
6. Processing can affect the form and reduce the content of ____________.
7. Whole soybeans are a good source of ________that can be low in plant-based diets like flexitarian, vegetarian and vegan.
8. -__________are poorly digested sugars that act as prebiotics stimulating the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon
9. -____________bioavailability from fortified soymilk is comparable to the bioavailability from cow’s milk.
10. Asian fermented soyfoods include___________.
11. -___________is a textured cake of fermented, cooked soybeans and may have a role in combating anemia. To remove any bitter flavors, steam or boil for 10-15 minutes prior to using in a recipe.
12. -_____________ are soybeans harvested at about 80% maturity with a higher moisture and sugar content than mature beans; it is easy to prepare and is a great introduction to soyfoods for kids.