1. According to the article, the US soybean crop accounts for what percentage of the world’s soybean production:
2. The article states that soybean oil accounts for ___ of the caloric intake of Americans and contributes over ___ of the US intake of both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
3. Soybean oil is stated to have a heart-healthy fatty acid profile because it is comprised of almost ___ unsaturated fats.
4. By definition, soy protein isolate is ___ protein.
5. The oils listed as containing the highest amount of alpha-lenolenic acid (ALA) are:
6. The trans-fats created by hydrogenation are stated to ____ LDL-cholesterol and ____ HDL-cholesterol.
7. The FDA is requiring food manufacturers to reformulate products without partially hydrogenated oils by:
8. ________ is a tool that physically separates an oil into more and less saturated fractions to be blended with soybean oil for food processing without trans-fats.
9. Soy protein provides _______ essential amino acids.
10. The authors state that most functional soy protein ingredients are typically used to do all of the following, EXCEPT:
11. The article states that soy can be used as a ______ substitute in items such as meat, fish, milk and infant formulas.
12. According to the article, textured soy protein and concentrate are typically used in what type of products?