- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Makes: 6 servings
Home-Style Tacos al Pastor
- 5 GOYA® Guajillo Chilles
- 5 GOYA® Pasilla Chiles or GOYA® Ancho Chiles
- 1 GOYA® Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce (use one chipotle chile from 7 oz. can)
- 1 Medium white onion, halved
- 1 can GOYA® Pineapple Chunks (20 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup GOYA® Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Cumin
- tst GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 Boneless, skinless pork butt, 2½-3 lb (cut into ½” cubes)
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Vegetable Oil
- 1 package GOYA® Corn Tortillas, warmed (10 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, wedged
Instructions for Home-Style Tacos al Pastor
Bring 2 cups water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add guajillo and pasilla chiles.
Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until chiles soften, about 10 minutes; transfer to plate. Remove and discard stem and seeds.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop one onion half; reserve remaining half. Strain pineapples; reserve juice and fruit separately.
Transfer guajillo, pasilla and chipotle chiles, chopped onion half, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, garlic and cumin to bowl of food processor. Puree until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Transfer chile mixture to saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring chile mixture to a boil; cook until paste looses raw onion taste, about 2 minutes. Season with Adobo; cool.
In large container with lid, or in large ziptop bag, combine pork cubes, cooled chile marinade and reserved pineapple chunks; transfer to refrigerator. Marinate at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Strain pork and pineapples, discarding marinade. Add pork and pineapples to skillet.
Cook in batches until dark golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes; transfer to large serving plate.
Meanwhile, finely slice remaining onion half. Transfer sliced onion to bowl with cilantro.
Serve pork and pineapple mixture in warm tortillas. Garnish pork tacos with cilantro, onions and limes.