- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Makes: 6 servings
Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai
- 8 ounces Rice noodles, dried
- 1⁄2 cup Sugar
- 3⁄10 cups Ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cup Tofu, firm, drained and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cup Shrimp, small, cooked
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, fresh, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 cups Bean sprouts, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup Edamame, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup Green onions, chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Peanuts, chopped, divided
Instructions for Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai
Soak noodles for 30 minutes in hot tap water; drain and set aside. (Noodles will be flexible, but not soft.)
Mix sugar, ketchup, water, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in small bowl; set aside.
Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add tofu, shrimp and garlic, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Cook shrimp to an internal temperature of 145°. Stir in noodles, stirring constantly to keep from sticking. Add ketchup mixture, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until sauce is absorbed.
Push noodles to side of pan. Add egg and stir until cooked. Add bean sprouts, edamame, 1/4 cup green onions and 1/4 cup peanuts, stirring until mixed with egg and noodles.
Mound mixture on large serving plate. Sprinkle remaining green onions and peanuts over top. Serve immediately.
Connect with us through our social channels