- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Makes: 6 servings
Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai
- 8 ounces Rice noodles, dried
- 1⁄2 cup Sugar
- 3⁄10 cups Ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cup Tofu, firm, drained and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cup Shrimp, small, cooked
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, fresh, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 cups Bean sprouts, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup Edamame, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup Green onions, chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Peanuts, chopped, divided
Instructions for Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai
Soak noodles for 30 minutes in hot tap water; drain and set aside. (Noodles will be flexible, but not soft.)
Mix sugar, ketchup, water, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in small bowl; set aside.
Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add tofu, shrimp and garlic, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Stir in noodles, stirring constantly to keep from sticking. Add ketchup mixture, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until sauce is absorbed.
Push noodles to side of pan. Add egg and stir until cooked. Add bean sprouts, edamame, 1/4 cup green onions and 1/4 cup peanuts, stirring until mixed with egg and noodles.
Mound mixture on large serving plate. Sprinkle remaining green onions and peanuts over top. Serve immediately.