- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Makes: 2; 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pans
Recipe inspired by Carol Hummel | Developed by: Emily Ellyn
- • 1 cup soybean oil (aka vegetable oil)
- • 3 cups all-purpose flour
- • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- • 3 large eggs
- • ½ cup sourcream
- • 1 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- • 2 cups grated zucchini
- • 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Instructions for Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, sand baking soda together in a bowl.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on medium speed just to combine the yolks and whites. Add the sugar and beat on high speed for about 3 minutes until the mixture is fluffy, thick and lightened in color. Mix in the sour cream, vanilla, and soybean oil.
On low speed, mix in the flour mixture until it is just incorporated (do not over beat). Stir in the zucchini and chopped nuts with a rubber spatula until evenly dispersed.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and allow to completely cool before serving or storing in a zip-top bag.