Soy, a well known food throughout the world, is a versatile ingredient that is ideal in a variety of delicious and easy to make recipes. From flavorful sides to decadent desserts, discover the joy of cooking with soy!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Makes: 2; 5-8-ounce portions
Spinach Salad Dressing
Recipe inspired by Carol Hummel | Developed by: Emily Ellyn
- ¼ cup soybean oil (aka vegetable oil)
- ½ tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½each shallots, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions for Spinach Salad Dressing
In a small bowl add mustard, honey, celery seed, shallot, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Whisk in balsamic vinegar and then slowly whisk in soybean oil until emulsified. Be sure to taste and adjust salt and pepper as desire.
Serve tossed with a salad made of baby spinach, scallions, garden fresh veggies, hard-boiled eggs, crispy bacon, and croutons.