1. The prevalence of diabetes is described as being more than____ in the U.S. and Canada.
2. The article states that diabetes remains the leading cause of all of the following, EXCEPT:
3. According to the article, clinical practice guidelines for nutrition therapy are:
4. The article states that improvements in hemoglobin A1c and blood lipids can be seen when ___-GI foods are exchanged for ___-GI foods.
5. Meta-analyses of randomized trials of diets of varying macronutrient distributions have shown:
6. Effects of the Mediterranean Diet Pattern, as studied in the PREDIMED trial, supplemented with either extra virgin olive oil or mixed nuts displayed:
7. Which diet, discussed in the article, reported clinically meaningful reductions in both systolic (~5mmHg) and diastolic (~2.5mmHg) blood pressure?
8. The Portfolio dietary pattern is built on the foundation of a low-saturated fat diet, with the addition of which of the follow four cholesterol-lowering food components:
9. The secondary article cites that observational data suggest soyfood intake is associated with a(n) ______ risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
10. The second article cites three specific components of soy that have the potential to favorably affect diabetes, which include:
11. According to the additional article, The 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recognize that soyfoods fit into which of the following dietary patterns:
12. According to the “Healthy Handout”, which type of soy provides 10g protein and 5g fiber in one, 1-oz serving?