1. Morbidity and mortality associated with cardiovascular disease and cancer are stated to be ___________ in individuals who have depression.
2. According to the article, _____ of those treated with pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy experience remission of depression.
3. The article stated that epidemiological studies suggest that a healthy dietary pattern—including foods such as fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, and legumes—may _____ depression.
4. According to the article, depression is reportedly _____.
5. One of the studies reviewed in the first article concluded that soybean isoflavones _____ the response to SSRI-antidepressants in menopausal women.
6. The author suggests that there is limited (but encouraging) evidence that soy isoflavones may help to alleviate depression in _____.
7. According to the author, the benefits of isoflavones may be _____ those reported for SSRIs.
8. In the article concerning stress reduction, which of the following terms is specifically used to describe being engaged in the present moment, in a nonjudgmental manner?
9. The article states that yoga has been shown to reduce all of the following EXCEPT:
10. According to the article, which of the following modalities showed to decrease perceived stress levels in pregnant women:
11. Which fermented food is stated to be higher in sodium, and therefore may need to be consumed with caution if an individual is advised to monitor his/her sodium intake?
12. _____ is a Japanese version of “soy sauce”, which can successfully be consumed by individuals with gluten intolerance.