Soy Desserts Recipes
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Makes: 1 serving
Mexican Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups Pancake flour
- 1 cup Granulated Mexican Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 1 cup Soybean oil (commonly labeled vegetable oil)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter (creamed and at room temperature)
- 2 cups Confectioners sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Granulated Mexican Chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Milk, chilled
- 8 Strawberries, fresh
Instructions for Mexican Chocolate Cake
Turn on the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray the cake mold with non-stick baking oil.
In medium size bowl add the pancake mix flour, the granulated Mexican chocolate, and the baking powder.
Then, add the evaporated milk, soybean oil and eggs.
Mix until you get a smooth cake batter. Pour the cake batter in the cake mold and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
Prepare the frosting by mixing the butter with the confectioners sugar, the granulated Mexican chocolate and the cocoa powder.
Add cold milk until getting the desired consistency. Use the frosting to cover the cake when cold and decorate with fresh strawberries.
Recipes courtesy of Adriana Martin