Soy-Based Salad Dressings & Marinades
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 45 min
- Makes: 6 servings
Roasted Beet and Fresh Goat Cheese Salad
- 8 medium Beets stemmed and washed
- 2 tablespoons U.S. grown soybean oil
- 3 cups Baby salad greens, packed
- 3 ounces Soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup Roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon U.S. grown soybean oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black pepper
Instructions for Roasted Beet and Fresh Goat Cheese Salad
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place beets in a single layer on foil-lined sheet pan, rub with 2 tablespoons soybean oil and cover with foil.
Bake 45-60 minutes or until beets are tender when pierced. Remove from oven, cool and peel. Cut beets in half lengthwise and cut halves into ¼-inch wedges.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add greens, beets and mix gently. Top with goat cheese and hazelnuts.