- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Makes: 17 half-cup
Asian-Style Chex Party Mix
Developed by: Katie Sullivan Morford, MS, RD
- 3 1/2 cups Chex rice cereal
- 2 ½ cups small pretzels or pretzel sticks
- 1 cup roasted, salted edamame
- ½ cup roasted, salted peanuts
- ¼ cup soybean oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
Instructions for Asian-Style Chex Party MixPreheat oven to 275 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss together the Chex, pretzels, edamame, and peanuts.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soybean oil, sriracha, soy sauce, Chinese five spice powder, and garlic powder.
Pour the liquid over the cereal and toss until thoroughly coated. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Makes about 17 half-cup servings.
Notes: This old-school party mix has a flavorful twist thanks to a combination of Chinese five spice powder, soy sauce, and sriracha (which adds a kick of heat). Make a batch to keep in a sealed jar or stow half-cup portions in small wax paper bags for grab-and-go snacks.