Soy, a well known food throughout the world, is a versatile ingredient that is ideal in a variety of delicious and easy to make recipes. From flavorful sides to decadent desserts, discover the joy of cooking with soy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 min
- Makes: 24 servings
Soy Turkey Chili Recipe
- 3 cups Boiling water
- 2 cups Texturized soy protein (TSP)
- 2 pounds Ground turkey breast
- 3 cups Onions, chopped
- 3 cups Green peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Soybean oil (vegetable oil)
- 10 ounces Canned diced tomatoes, including liquid
- 1 1⁄2 quart Canned tomato sauce
- 4 ounces Canned green chilies, diced (1/2 cup)
- 3⁄10 cups Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Jalapeno peppers, minced
- 3 quarts Water
Instructions for Soy Turkey Chili Recipe
In a large bowl, pour boiling water over soy protein.
In a 14-quart pot, sauté turkey, onions, peppers and garlic in oil over medium high heat until turkey is no longer pink.
Add rehydrated soy protein and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
Serve with assorted condiments such as shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese, yogurt, sour cream or minced onion. Makes 24 servings.